Thursday, July 06, 2006

Restore Marriage Canada! Newsletter

Restore Marriage Canada! Newsletter

Does this make anybody else shudder? I opted in to their website newsletter so that I could stay informed of what they were up to.

It's about Harper's decision to allow Parliament to consider whether to take another look at same-sex marriages:

"What this means in the simplest terms is that if this measure passes Parliament, then we will still have a showdown over marriage itself at some future time. But if it fails, it is unlikely that Parliament will consider restoring traditional marriage in Canada until the damage to the very fabric of our society is obvious. By then, it will be too late to reverse that damage.


And make no mistake. Unless we restore traditional marriage, that damage to our society is inevitable."


Sometimes, I feel as if I'm the only person that considers this ordeal to be a question of human rights... But at least all you intellectuals that read my blog are on the same wavelength with me here. [Cuz you guys aren't idiots]

What REALLY bugs me is black people or female people that oppose the same-sex marriages. Isn't it obvious to them that they'd be slaves or unable to vote if they had the same mindset a few decades ago?

1 comment:

dino said...

I agree entirely with the view that it's a human rights issue. It's extremely unfortunate that many people don't see it that way.