Saturday, July 22, 2006

Narbacular? what the heck does that mean?

What has Jesse been up to? Quite simply, Narbacular Drop:


The premise of the game is that you can create two portals, a red and a blue one, to go through the game. If you enter the blue portal, you will come out the red portal, and vice-versa. As you can see in the above picture, I ran into the wall and was shot into the air because my other portal was on the ground. I also placed a portal on the ceiling and made a portal under the box, and the box came out of the ceiling.


Here, I can be seen trapping some frog dude in a cage by making a portal in the cage, and then creating a portal under him. He fell sideways into the cage.

The game's official website (which sometimes exceeds its bandwidth limit for the day) can be found here. If you cannot download the game from there, you can download the game from here.

Thanks to Kum for showing me Valve's new game, Portal. The makers of Narbacular Drop are working with Valve to create Portal, which is how I found this game.

By the way, I have the world's fastest time to beat the game: 1:28. Second place is 1:45. I emailed my run to the website admin, but if it fails to show up there in time, just ask and I can email it to you. However, please play the game through before you watch my or anyone's speed run, as there are spoilers for how to beat the levels.

***EDIT: My fastest time is now 1:11.

2 comments:

dino said...

Yeah, you're up there now. Pretty cool man. :)

Rasengan Zero said...

Ha ha, cool. Good job.