Friday, December 08, 2006

with great power comes great responsibility, Multiverse



Apparently... Multiverse is coming out with a new MMORPG.

This one is called Firefly. Yes, Joss Whedon's Firefly is being adapted to the PC by a company that isn't even a developer. But the company makes tools for creating games, and they'll be hiring a developer to do the work; Multiverse will take a cut of the developer's revenue.

Expect something tangible as early as 2008.

Fans around the world and I will probably be pretty passionate about this game and the developers will have to use bullet-proof cars to do their daily commuting if they mess this one up... ;)

If this is anything like Eve Online with ground characters, I'll play it, and if it's anything like WoW-style playability, I'll spit on it and grind it into dust with my heel, before apologizing profusely for the blasphemy.

2 comments:

dino said...

Sounds interesting. If it's a game where I don't have to pay a monthly fee, then I'll consider trying it out.

Artem Kaznatcheev said...

Project Farich will whip its ass! (and then whipe as well). I will look into it, if I still remember about it in 2008.